2. We aim to ensure that the information published on this website is accurate and consistent with current knowledge and practice. However, medical knowledge and practice is constantly evolving and individual cases may require specific advice and cannot be addressed through this website. Accordingly, this website is provided for information only. It is not intended to replace a consultation with an appropriately qualified health professional. We cannot guarantee that information provided by us through this website will meet your health or medical requirements. If you are a medical or health professional then you are encouraged to use Explain™ for general information purposes. However, you should not rely on material included on Explain™ and we do not accept any responsibility if you do.
3. You acknowledge and agree that Explain™ will not be responsible for any claims, losses or damages (whether direct or indirect) arising out of or relating to the use of or reliance on the contents of the Explain™ website (www.explain…) except to the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by law.
4. You shall not reverse engineer, decompile, copy or adapt software or other code or scripts that form part of the website. You shall not attempt to transmit to or via the website any information that contains a virus, worm, Trojan, or other harmful or disruptive component.
5. We cannot guarantee uninterrupted access to the website, or the sites to which it links. We accept no responsibility for any damage arising from the unavailability of this website or the information it contains.
6. This website contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the content of any third party website.
7. You may create hypertext links to our website, but we ask that any links are in accordance with our links policy.
9. The internet is not a secure medium for communication. We cannot guarantee that any information you submit to us through the website or by email will arrive safely or be secure from interception by third parties.
11. Material contained in our website is crown copyright © protected except where otherwise stated. You shall not copy, reproduce or redistribute any material contained in our website except in accordance with our content authorisation policy.
13. The website is produced in accordance with our editorial and review process. If you wish to request any other documents used in the editorial and review process please use our contact us page
All links from this website are selected using our editorial and review process. Links are provided for information and convenience only. We cannot accept responsibility for the sites linked to, or the information found there. A link does not imply an endorsement of a site; likewise not linking to a particular site does not imply lack of endorsement.
We reserve the right to withdraw a link or refuse to link any website without providing an explanation or justification.
Links to this website
We welcome organisations and individuals to create links to our home page and individual pages within our website, without requiring our permission to do so. However, we do request that those linking to our website respect the following conditions:
Explain™™ publishes health information on the Explain™™ website.
The purpose of the editorial policy is to:
3. Intellectual property rights
The crown retains copyright of all content published unless there are other specific contractual agreements in place.
Links to other websites and contact details of other organisations may be included in Explain™™ content, but this does not indicate endorsement.